May 14, 2022
Posted: October 26, 2021 1:24 pm
During Halloween, you can get free candy from many people whose doors you knock on but are unaware of the gluten content of their treats. There are also many ways to get delicious snacks without worrying about if they have any gluten in them. You may be thinking that Halloween is all about candy and chocolate bars, but there are many other delicious options as well! In this piece, you’ll find recipes you can try while trick-or-treating or while preparing for a Halloween party.
This is one of the most popular snacks during Halloween. You can make these with cut-up veggies, gluten-free mustards, olive oils, or any other types of oils that are gluten-free. These are relatively easy to make and taste delicious!
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp gluten-free tamari sauce
2 tbsp olive oil or any other type of oil you prefer. If you are sensitive to certain oils, don’t use them.
– Boil eggs for about 10 minutes.
– Put eggs into cold water, then peel the shells off carefully. Cut eggs in half and put all of the yolks into a separate bowl.
– To the yolks, add mustard, mayonnaise, oil/salt/pepper, and tamari sauce until they are smooth or to your desired consistency.
– Make sure you mix it well with a fork before adding more mayo or mustard; this will make mixing easier later on.
– Add paprika for color (optional) and pour the mixture into egg halves using a spoon or scoop of some sort. You can decorate them with parsley if you want as well! This makes about 6 servings.
If you cut the zucchini into small enough pieces, these bites will be crispy when fried and not soggy like most other vegetables. These are easy to make, and they’re a great way to add veggies to your diet!
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 cup of gluten-free bread crumbs or crushed oats; make sure it is finely crushed if using oats
1 tbsp olive oil or any other type of oil you prefer. If you are sensitive to certain oils, don’t use them. You can buy bread crumbs or crushed oats at most grocery stores.
– Cut the ends off of the zucchinis and cut them into slices (the width is up to you, but make sure they are not too thick).
– Put breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, parsley (optional), and garlic powder in separate dishes.
– Dip each side of the zucchini slices into each dish until it is very well coated with seasonings. Place on a flat surface that will fit into your oven. Make sure you line these with wax paper before putting them onto the pan, so they don’t stick!
– Cook for about 5 minutes on one side; flip them over gently using tongs or another utensil that will not ruin the coating. Cook for another 5 minutes, then take them out of the oven.
– If you want it to be crispier, cook for longer or put it in an air fryer for a few minutes. This makes about 6 servings.
This is a great option if you want to make something sweet as well as healthy. This recipe is gluten-free and vegan as well!
½ cup brown rice syrup
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 cups of popped corn (about ¼ cup kernels)
– Put the brown rice syrup, salt, and coconut oil into a saucepan and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until it begins bubbling. Stir now and then during this process. Make sure not to burn it! Remove from heat once done cooking, so it doesn’t continue cooking in the pan. It should reduce slightly at this point. Depending on how sweet or salty you want it to be, you can add more or less syrup.
– Put the popped corn in a large bowl and pour the syrup over it, stirring until it is well coated.
– Once done coating, put parchment paper onto a flat surface and spray with nonstick cooking oil. Parchment paper can be found in most grocery stores near aluminum foil or wax paper.
– Put the mixture on top of the parchment paper and shape it into a ball using your hands (sprayed with cooking oil). You can mold this however you like!
– Let it cool for about 30 minutes for maximum crispiness, then wrap each ball individually using plastic wrap or place into an airtight container if not eating right away. This makes about 4 servings of caramel popcorn balls.
This recipe is great because you can change ingredients based on your dietary needs, the season, or what you already have.
1 cup of non-dairy yogurt (soy, almond, coconut)
½ ripe avocado
2 tbsp honey (optional – replace with agave syrup or maple syrup if vegan)
– Put the yogurt, avocado, honey (if using), and cinnamon (optional) in a blender and blend until smooth.
– Serve with cut-up fruit such as apples and bananas for a healthy treat that is perfect for Halloween! This makes about 4 servings of pumpkin dip.
These are a great alternative to chips, and they’re way healthier!
2 cups of canned chickpeas, drained
1 tbsp olive oil or cumin oil (optional)
– Preheat the oven to 400°F. Make sure it is fully heated before you put in the beans for baking, or else they may not crisp up correctly!
– Put the drained chickpeas into a bowl and toss with the oil (if using).
– Spread them out onto a pan that will fit into your oven, making sure there is enough space between each one. The more space between these, the crispier they will be once cooked.
– Bake for about 45 minutes total, checking every 20 minutes after the first 30 to make sure they are not burning. They should be crispy and golden brown when ready! This makes 2 servings of roasted chickpeas.
This is a quick and easy recipe that you can make in under an hour!
½ cup gluten-free flour blend of your choice
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp brown sugar (can add more if desired)
1 tbsp olive oil, coconut oil, or other neutral-flavored oil
About 1 tbsp water, just enough to bind ingredients together but not too much to make it into dough (add more if necessary).
About 2 tbsp peanut butter (can add more if desired)
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
– In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients until combined.
– Add in wet ingredients and mix until smooth dough forms. It should be thick but still spreadable! If it is too dry or too sticky, adjust accordingly by adding more oil/peanut butter/water as necessary. The less water, the better, so your cookies don’t turn out too flat!
– Put about 1 tbsp of dough onto the baking sheet for each cookie – these cookies do not spread at all, so that you can put them pretty close together. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
– Let cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container for up to a week! This makes about 20 cookies.
In conclusion, eating healthily does not mean you need to miss out on all the fun! With these gluten-free recipes, you can enjoy eating healthy and still feel like you’re celebrating Halloween with some amazing treats.
Explore Games and Apps
May 14, 2022
May 12, 2022