February 4, 2023
Posted: March 18, 2022 1:02 pm
Who doesn’t love a tangy, saucy Sloppy Joe sandwich? These beefy main dishes are popular with everyone from kids to adults of all ages, and they are so easy to prepare.
Whether you intend to offer Sloppy Joes for lunch or dinner, you’re sure to find this dish containing ground beef, tomato sauce, diced peppers on a toasted hamburger bun to be deliciously satisfying.
You’ll need the following ingredients for this recipe:
* ground beef (80/20 fat ratio works best)
* onion and garlic
* bell pepper – use a green bell pepper; however, one may substitute other types of bell pepper if necessary
* ingredients for the sauce – tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire, yellow mustard
* Chop veggies – Chop the onion and bell pepper into finely diced pieces.
* Make sauce – Combine in a bowl the Worcestershire sauce, water, brown sugar, tomato sauce and mustard.
* Brown the beef – In a deep dished skillet, prepare oil over medium to high heat. Add the ground beef and brown it, then breaking it up. Add salt and pepper to the beef as it cooks, and add in the finely diced onion and green pepper. Cook thoroughly until the onion and pepper are tender.
* Add sauce – Add in the garlic and cook until the beef begins to put off a scent. Pour in the Tex Mex sauce and cook over medium heat. The sauce will need to come to a low boil.
* Simmer – Reduce the heat to low and simmer for ten minutes, add a dash of salt and pepper if so desired.
This variation on the traditional sloppy joe sandwich offers an extra zesty flavor to a favorite homemade sandwich. The Tex Mex Sloppy Joe is bound to please the entire family, even the pickiest of your crowd. This version of the sloppy joe is a great “go-to” meal for busy nights when there just isn’t a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. The Tex Mex Sloppy Joe offers sweet, savory, and zesty flavors all in one delicious main dish. For a little extra flavor, swap the traditional hamburger bun for a sesame or a brioche bun.
* 2 Tbsp olive oil
* 1/2 medium white or yellow onion diced
* 1/2 green bell pepper diced
* 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
* 1 lb. lean ground beef
* 8 oz can whole kernel corn drained
* 3-4 cloves garlic minced
* 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
* 2/3 cup ketchup
* 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
* 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
* 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
* 1 tsp paprika
* 1/2 tsp ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp kosher salt
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
* 1/4 tsp dried coriander
* 1/4 tsp oregano
* 1 cup mild salsa or tomato sauce, if preferred
* hamburger buns
First, mix all sauce ingredients together, but do not add spice ingredients yet. Next, begin by cooking the diced peppers and onion together until they are soft, for between three and four minutes. Next, add and brown the ground beef (note – one my substitute with ground turkey if desired). Drain the grease, then add minced garlic and cook together. Stir in the corn and the sauce, and simmer for between ten and fifteen minutes. Toast the buns, then serve.
Love the idea of a saucy, meaty sloppy joe, but want to forgo the bread? This stuffed pepper sloppy joe allows diners to have all the flavor of the sloppy joe while adding a healthy bell pepper instead of hamburger buns. Not only is this recipe budget-friendly, but it is kid-friendly as well! Not only will this dish taste great, but it’s powerfully aromatic – filling your home with a mouth-watering smell that will have the entire family at the dinner table on the double. Add melted cheese to this stuffed pepper recipe, and you’ll have a dish that offers so many great tastes in one easy to prepare meal.
* 2 tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
* 1 tbsp. Tomato paste
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 lb. ground beef
* kosher salt
* Freshly ground black pepper
* 1 c. tomato sauce
* 1/3 c. ketchup
* 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
* 1 tbsp. Brown sugar
* 4 bell peppers, cut lengthwise
* 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
* 1/3 c. low-sodium beef broth
* Chopped green onions, for garnish
Begin by cutting the peppers in half. Remove stems and the membrane, including seeds. Now, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, drizzle canola oil and allow getting hot. Add the ground turkey. As it cooks, break the turkey down. Drain any excess grease once the turkey has fully cooked. Add the homemade sloppy joe sauce, coating the browned turkey. You’ll need to reserve a bit of the sauce for the rice, however. In an oven-safe dish, spray non-stick cooking spray and place the peppers cut side up. Bake peppers until slightly softened. Pull the peppers out of the oven, and divide the turkey meat among the peppers. Bake again for 15 minutes. Heat the remaining sauce in the skillet.
Pull the peppers out once more, and top with cheese. Bake until cheese is completely melted. Top with chopped parsley. Serve the peppers with brown rice covered in the leftover sauce.
What better way to combine two of the yummiest comfort food sandwiches than to put together the Philly Cheesesteak and the Sloppy Joe? Philly ingredients, including onions and peppers, are already an integral part of the sloppy joe; however, adding melted cheese just sets this sloppy joe variation off!
1 tbsp. Vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 bell peppers, chopped
1 Garlic clove, minced
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. beef broth
2 tbsp. Ketchup
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. Brown sugar
Freshly ground black pepper
4 slices provolone
4 Hamburger buns
Brown the beef in a large skillet, drain fat, then set aside. Next, sauté’ the olive oil, onion, and pepper for up until four minutes or until the veggies soften. Now, add the beef back to the skillet. To make the sauce, whisk cornstarch into a beef broth and add to the beef mixture along with steak sauce. Add salt and pepper, and simmer for ten minutes. Make sure most of the liquid is absorbed into the meat. Toast the buns, then add meat mixture and top with a slice of provolone.
Explore Games and Apps
February 4, 2023
February 4, 2023
February 1, 2023